Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

Ok so we went to court. We mediated there that day. The

Customer Question

Ok so we went to court. We mediated there that day. The exparte was dropped as well as his 50b and 50c's in lieu of these there is a court order stating he can't harass me or come on my property nor can we harass him. That's fine. As far as property goes I am happy with the outcome for most part.
My question is on the court order he did not list the guns or fact he's concealed carry. BUT there is a place on paperwork that says even if judge doesn't order surrender of guns....he still can carry, have in his possession, buy or transport firearms under federal law. (It wasn't court order by county jusge) there is another part of ppr work that say if he didn't reveal this info he could fave up to 39 months in jail. Mind you I am not wanting him to have to give them up BUT he is coming sat to get his belongings with sheriff. of these is his gun safe which houses all the firearms. I can't give them to him it sounds like. He is brining his son and son in law in his entourage. ..can I release them to either of them?
Also I found out today he is moving into his daughters garage with intentions of making it a apt above the main part...which is only a lil over a mile away from my house. So he would obviously have access to these firearms. What am I to do? Give them to his son or no? I don't want to break the order.
Expert:  Sam replied 4 months ago.

This is Samuel. And I understand your concern is that he did not reveal he had firearms and thus they were not ordered to be surrendered. And so yes, you can give the guns and the safe to any of the family members who come with him. If there is no mention in the court order that he is to surrender his firearms, then I suggest you are not breaking any laws by allowing them to be taken.

Expert:  Sam replied 4 months ago.

It would be up to you to decide if you wanted to have the court order amended to have his guns surrendered. You could advise the court he has the guns and it can be modified. At this juncture, however, it appears to be a non issue.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Sam replied 4 months ago.

You're welcome. Good luck with everything. Thanking you in advance for a positive rating. You can always return to this post for follow up questions on this matter.