Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
20355756

My boss is well aware that I'm getting documents W-2s tax

Customer Question

My boss is well aware that I'm getting documents W-2s tax documents Social Security cards I am not a licensed loan officer
i'm also a convicted felon Who had an embezzlement charge back in 96. My boss also agreed to pay me .75% of the loan in cash. I've written about $3 million worth of mortgages off of craigslist and in the ad we do not put APR or the fine print disclaimers or equal housing lender. So I do all the advertising and marketing for the company when I found out that the customers were getting 4.8 and 4.5% and I also found out that everything I did violated RESPA laws
And quit working there because I'm in the middle of getting my embezzlement charge taken care of because it's over 15 years old and can be expunged
Then I can become a licensed loan officer. I did not want to get in any trouble. So I transferred my client base over to a bank who was doing a full percent better and not predatory lending on 600 credit scores. So by referring them to a bank they got a much more favorable mortgage with a better rate and terms. My former employer is threatening to sue me because I transferred my customers through my work email to the bank. Obviously in my work email it states that disclaimer of sending any thing to a third-party. Any thoughts and do you think that the Council for Gold Star mortgage will truly file a lawsuit against me and want to take this to court ???
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney with 15 years experience. I'd like to assist you with your question for informational purposes.

The answer would depend on what type of contract you have with your former employer. It is possible that you have signed a contract with him stating that if you leave his employ, that you are required to leave the customers with his bank. However, I believe that it is unlikely that you did sign such a contract, because if he is not even up on the fair lending disclosures laws, then he probably did not have you sign such a contract. I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm a telemarketer only loan officers can get Social Security numbers and take mortgage applications and get mortgage documents. Gold Star wants to get into my personal email
And destroy the incriminating documents that I have against them. Or they will sue me

It is wrong of them to attempt to destroy documents, and that in and of itself, will make them look very bad if they ever sue you. I would not allow them to destroy the docs. If I have assisted you, please help me by giving me a positive rating. Thanks!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No offense but you did not answer any my questions I was hoping that an attorney who knew RESPA laws would've answered this

I apologize. I thought I answered your question, and I re-read the question and I can't see a question that I did not answer. In light of your comment, I will opt out of the question.

Expert:  Legalease replied 6 months ago.

Hello again --

-

A different contributor here. My suggestion is that you put together a written journal or logbook and set forth all of the illegal practices that your former employer was making. Do not give into their demands and hand anything over to them and simply sit tight to see if they attempt to sue you for any of this. If they start contacting you with a lawyer then my suggestion is to contact the FBI with all of the information on the criminal violations committed by your former employer and the FBI will pull in all of the appropriate lending agencies at the federal level and my bet is that your former employer and anyone else who helped him engage in predatory lending practices deliberately will end up being pulled in and prosecuted. You were simply trying to survive and do your job and when what they asked you to do became more and more illegal or borderline illegal, you had to leave their employment and turn the matter over to the FBI. You can find the nearest FBI offices to you by doing a search online and then initiate telephone contact and tell them that you want to speak to an investigative agent regarding a mortgage fraud situation. They will either take the case or steer you to the right agency who will take the case.

-

Do you have any further questions for me? If not, can you please press a positive rating above these chat boxes so I will be paid for my time? I am paid nothing unless you press the middle star or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star above in the ratings section. So, I really do appreciate that you want to make sure I am paid and given credit for my time for assisting you with this question. Your question will not close and you can come back in and ask follow up questions for several weeks after the question was asked. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

-

MARY