Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My husband and I have had our great granddaughter 85percent

Customer Question

my husband and I have had our great granddaughter 85percent of her life she will be 4years old august the 3rd this .we keept her day and night because her mother didn't want to pay a baby sitter .we were glad to keep her. we love here like she is our and she would rather be in our home with papa and granny but here mother wont let us have her any now is there anything we can do about this
Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.
It is possible to file a court petition for grandparent visitation, but the rules vary by state. Let me know what state you're in and I'll be glad to provide that information.
Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.
I just saw you're in TN -- and that's good as I'm licensed there.
Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.
Oh the parents are married, there's no right to force visitation. But, if the parents are not married, then tou would have the right to petition for visitation.
Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.
If (not "Oh") - sorry for the typo.
Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.
Here's a good link you can read about your rights and the process you have to go through: http://memphisdivorce.com/tennessee-grandparent-visitation-rights-law/
Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!

Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.