Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I am located in Riverside County CA and own a small 30

Customer Question

I am located in Riverside County CA and own a small 30 employee plumbing company that caters other business. We do not engage in residential nor are we open to the general public. Am I required to comply with ADA?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Yes, you're required to comply with the ADA. Effective July 26, 1994, any employer who employees 15 or more employees is required to comply with the ADA requirements.

The EEOC has an information page on the ADA at https://www.eeoc.gov/facts/ada17.html that you may find useful.