CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

TIMES IN I HAD A VERY SIMPLE BACK OPERATION ON JAN 21, 2016.

Customer Question

TIMES IN I HAD A VERY SIMPLE BACK OPERATION ON JAN 21, 2016. ALSO HAD COMPLECATIONS, SUCH AS BLOOD IN MY URINE, REINFECTION OF MY OPERATION, NON COMPLICANCE OF DOCTORS INSTRUCTION TO CHANGE DRESSING AND APPLY MEDICATION ON DAILY BASIS. IT TOOK 2 DAYS BEFO OR RE I WAS SENT TO HOSPITAL TO RECIEVE TRANSFUSIONS, HAD MY DSFIBULATER GO OFF 8 OR 9 TIMES IN APPROX 30 MINUTES, SPENT SEVERAL DAYS IN THE ICU SUFFERING FROM CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE. MOST OF THIS TOOK PLACE IN A PT/NURSING HOME. I SPENT ABOUT 32 DAYS IN HOSPITALS AND NURSING HOMES. ACCORDING TO BACK DOCTOR, I SHOULD HAVE BEEN UP WALKING AND HOME IN 4 - 5 DAYS. ITNIS NOW MONTHS AND I STILL NEED A WALKER, HAVE CONSIDERABLE PAIN IN MY BACK, LACK OF BALANCE(HAVE HAD 4 OR 5 FALLS).dO YOU THINK i WOULD HAVE ANY RECOURSE FOR THIS EPISODE?
HIRAM ***
ELKTON, FL 32033
*** ***-***
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 6 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am sorry to learn of your situation, it appears that you may have a medical malpractice action. It is important to take action quickly in these matters as the statute of limitations is very short for filing a claim (2 years in most cases in Florida).

Medical malpractice claims are based on expert testimony, this means you, or your attorney, will need to find a medical expert in the same, or similar field, to testify as to the standard of care in the industry, whether your physician or facility's conduct fell below that standard, and whether that negligence was the cause of your injury. The same (or a different) expert can then testify as to your projected future damages and cost of medical care.

Due to the complexity of these claims, I highly recommend that you retain a medical malpractice plaintiff's lawyer (also called trial attorneys). Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment).

You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).