Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

In the early 1970, I used to paint with dupont imron paint.

Customer Question

in the early 1970, I used to paint with dupont imron paint. At that time I was
told to use a good respirator, which I did. 10 years later they said you you should
use an air reduction respirator. My lungs are very bad, I hAVEN'T SMOKED IN
50 years. Do you know if any one has filed a claim for using that paint??
Thank you, Jack
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

While there have been some lawsuits against Dupont for their defective paint, you would have to file your own lawsuit against them with a product liability attorney locally. So, you are going to need to get the medical experts to determine that your lung disorder is directly related to the Imeron and if they can do so, then a product liability attorney would file suit for defective manufacture/design AND for inadequate warning.

However, the first step is you need to get a doctor to relate your issues to the paint.