Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

I have a restraining order against me. I never did anything

Customer Question

I have a restraining order against me. I never did anything violent, its for harassment. because I sent some drunken text message to ex girlfriend. It been 3 months and I have not violated the order. I'm a realtor. I current lave a listing across the street from her home. I was always able to get other realtor to cover the property but one day I could not. It was middle of the day and I was not alone at the property. I knew my ex was working. She is a police officer. and I saw a in her police car earlier in the day. I went to the property that day for an inspection. She was home in her police car but I was told by a retired state trooper I was fine to go. Just don't rub it in her face I was there. Which I did not. I hide in the house until she was gone. She was in no danger. I have never hit this women. I never hurt her property. I have never threaten this women. She know I have the listing across the street. Like I said I was not alone. Plus she was in a police uniform and had her gun. I was just trying to do my job and she knows that. But she called my job complaining I was at the home. Could this help me get out of the restraining order? Her calling my place of employment? She called to try to hurt or embarrass, not out of fear. She is using this restraining to control me not because she fears me.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Could this help me get out of the restraining order? Her calling my place of employment?

Unfortunately, it's not likely. It may help you in getting a mutual restraining order against her but it's not going to help getting rid of the one on you. However, the judge would likely be willing to issue a written amendment to the order allowing you to conduct business at any properties that are listed near her since, really that isn't the reason for the order.