N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983

Patient is in 5150 40 hours. She is not showing any sign to

Customer Question

Hi,Patient is in 5150 for almost 40 hours. She is not showing any sign to sucide or plan to die. She is not US citizen. Is there any way she can be sent back to her country and get further treatment there? If yes how.Regards,
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: Patient was deplaned before getting put in 5150. She feels depressed lonely as she is from culture where whole family lives together. Her age is 25. Can she stay with her parents in US and then get transferred to India (instead of staying at Psychiatric ward)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I understand she will be kept there for 72 hours, but can they keep her there for longer if she is depressed/dis-oriented but not sducidal.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

What happened that got her 5150ed?

Can her parents pick her up at her location?

What type of visa is she here on?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She got panic in flight after take off and saying she intrested in being alive and asked others to kill her. Yes her parents can pick her. She is on visitor visa.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 4 months ago.

It sounds like an isolated panic attack and it is not likely they will hold her for more than 72 hours. At that point they would release her and her parents can get her and care for her from then.