TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

My husband signed the house over to me i 13 years ago I

Customer Question

My husband signed the house over to me i 13 years ago I refinanced in my name only i13 years ago. When have been living together, but he has not been paying any of the bills I have been paying everything on my own. I want a divorce does he get half the house where he signed the house over to me only and I refinanced in my name only?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

The judge can divide the house in a way that he deems as fair under the unique circumstances in your situation. Having said that, since you refinanced the house in your name alone, and since you have been paying the mortgage alone for the last 13 years, I believe there is a very strong chance that the judge would award the house to you (or at least the vast majority of it). But you should be sure to hire an attorney to make those arguments for you, as you will have a much better chance in court than if you make the arguments yourself.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!