Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was arrested and gave my license my married name since May

Customer Question

I was arrested and gave my license my married name since May 6th 2010 as hoped nothing says Gonzales they arrested the Ender Gonzales with the wrong birthday a day before I was actually charge and the documents were actually the wrong date I was arrested on 19th April and in court on the 20th they put I was arrested on the 18th and I was in court on the 19th is that legal
If you call the Iowa Civil Rights Commission to file a complaint and they stop you before you even get to tell them anything and ask you if you're black or if you're pregnant and then say if you're not they can't help you is that legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.
I was arrested and gave my license my married name since May 6th 2010 as hoped nothing says Gonzales they arrested the Ender Gonzales with the wrong birthday a day before I was actually charge and the documents were actually the wrong date I was arrested on 19th April and in court on the 20th they put I was arrested on the 18th and I was in court on the 19th is that legal Response 1: No, it is not legal. You need to retain a local Attorney who handles traffic issues and criminal law to assist you with your case. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys: Lawyers.com Justia.com Findlaw.com If you call the Iowa Civil Rights Commission to file a complaint and they stop you before you even get to tell them anything and ask you if you're black or if you're pregnant and then say if you're not they can't help you is that legal Response 2: No, it is not legal. You can be discriminated against in other grounds such as your nationality, religion, or the like: https://icrc.iowa.gov/your-rights/protected-classes