Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
20355756

My son os in middle school in folrida osceola county. About

Customer Question

My son os in middle school in folrida osceola county. About 6 months ago got introuble for sexting with a girl this is the second time now they want to expell him turned his phone over to the. sheriff office to be searched and he was not the only one sending the photos the girls were too and now they are talking about expelling him and possible legal trouble
Expert:  Legalease replied 8 months ago.

Hello there --

-

Everyone involved in this matter should be in some kind of trouble, not just your son. You see, the law considers sexting pictures of anyone under the age of 17 as child pornography and the law will generally prosecute it after one or two warnings to the people involved. They should be tracing all of the photographs through your sons phone and pursuing anyone who took and sent out these pictures. I truly wish I could tell you that they have no grounds to prosecute a minor in this manner, but the law does have the right to pursue and prosecute. My suggestion is to see if there is anything that you can do to intervene -- such as take cellphone privileges away from him for the rest of his childhood and promising the school and law enforcement that it will not happen again. If that fails and charges are brought against your son, then you should hire a criminal lawyer so that you can keep this in juvenile court and minimize the impact on his future (juvenile matters are sealed and if there are no other issues, will not follow him after the age of 17).

-

MARY

Expert:  Legalease replied 7 months ago.

Hello again --

-

Do you have any further questions for me on this topic? If not, can you please press a positive rating above these chat boxes in the star rating section? I am paid NOTHING unless you press the middle star or the third or fourth star to the right of the middle star above in the ratings section. Doing so will not cost you additional money -- it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time assisting you with this question. Otherwise, I am paid nothing. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

-

MARY