Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Will i go to jail if i have a warrent metro ticket from

Customer Question

will i go to jail if i have a warrent for a metro ticket from several years ago?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: four years ago, CA.
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: like what?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: it was a ticket for riding the train without a ticket that i never paid off or went to court for
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation. Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice /legal service you should contact a local attorney.Is the arrest warrant still active and valid?What is the reason you did not pay fine or attend court for this citation?