LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I APPEALED A DECISION FROM A SMALL CLAIM COURT, AND APPEAL

Customer Question

I APPEALED A DECISION FROM A SMALL CLAIM COURT, AND APPEAL COURT RULED AGAINST ME , CAN I APPEAL HIS DECISION ON THE GROUND THAT THE JUDGE DID NOT APPLY THE LAW TO THE EVIDENCE IN THE RIGHT WAY.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Under CA law, there is no further appeal process after an appeal hearing is heard on a claim from small claims court. Small claims court hears the original case, and then if the defendant appeals, the next hearing is by a Superior Court Judge----and that Judge's ruling is final. From that ruling (the appeal) there is no further appeal process. I am sorry. I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,Doug