How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33150
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an IT professional, and computer systems administrator.

Customer Question

I am an IT professional, and computer systems administrator. Do I have to take any trining or fill out a "Lautenburg certifcation"?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: nope. I am taking my corporate training and this training certification was placed in my queue.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I don't handle firearms in my job. My firm is a large corporate goverment contractor and other employees that work on contracts may handle fire arms
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: we are HQ in VA, I work in Texas as corporate IT HQ
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Has the employer provided you with the certification form?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. They have a training course in my electronic self service training queue on a hosted web site. I have not "yet" taken this class to see if there is a form, as it may waste hours of valuable time.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
The certification is normally just a form you fille out (like the one for Homeland Security at in which you swear you have never been involved with domestic violence, violent crimes, etc.However, your employer could require something different, there's no way to know without looking at their actual form. I think it's unlikely though so the most likely answer to your question would be no, there is no training necessary to fill out and submit a Lautenberg Certification.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
You're very welcome. If you need me to explain the Lautenberg issues and how they came about I'd be glad to, but it's unlikely you'll ever need that info for anything.Best wishes to you and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.