Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Is there a charge service?

Customer Question

Is there a charge for this service?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
Good morning,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a CA licensed attorney. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. Yes, there is a charge for this service. You have offered to pay $19 for the answer. Do you still want my help? 1. If so, what is it that you need to know? Doug
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We have a rental home from which tenants moved out without cleaning. They also replaced several very expensive window coverings with cheap ones. They also replaced a room of carpet with cheap carpet that doesn't match any other carpet in the house. We saved receipts for all the cleaning and offered receipts for the purchase of the blinds they removed. We asked for 1/2 the cost of the original blinds and deducted $10.00 per hour for the cleaning we did . They are threatening to take us to small claims court if we don't "return their entire deposit and if we cannot come to a fair agreement, they will have to proceed to small claims court. We feel we have an open and shut case. We have photographs of the dirt and filth left and a sign in sheet that everyone who cleaned signed in and out. We understand judges are usually sympathetic to renters rather than owners, but just can't believe we could lose this. Should we go to small claims court and hope the judge is reasonable?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
Have you complied with the CA law regarding providing a written document setting out the deductions and giving the remainder of any deposit back to the tenant within 21 days of their move-out?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.Doug