Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I was given a judgement against me in small claims court,,it

Customer Question

I was given a judgement against me in small claims court,,it was not a fair judgement so I appealed it. I paid a man claiming to represent the courts 450 to file claim, serve the person who sued me and then file appeal.. He took three weeks to file the appeal and it was scheduled immediately . I am leaving town for six weeks and can't be at court for the first date...but my request for a new trial date change was denied..what are my choices now..My only real asset is an old car and of course a bank account..What are my choices now.i do not have three thousand dollars to pay this person.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Are you asking if the court can attach the bank account to satisfy the judgment?