Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

Injunction on health care provider in north Carolina

Customer Question

injunction on health care provider in north Carolina
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Divorced dad here looking to prevent healthcare provider to administer any service without my permission mother has primary in NC what options do I have
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. You need to review your custody Order. Your wife may have primary physical custody, but you may have joint legal custody. Also there should be a clause in the custody order that addresses healthcare issues for the children. In these situations it is common for a clause to be included that states absent emergencies both parents must consent to health care treatment for the children. If you do not have these terms in your custody order then you must seek a modification of the order to get those terms into it. Once you have the custody Order you can share it with the healthcare professionals involved. They normally will respect it. BUT the remedy is not an injunction against the healthcare professionals. That really would be expensive and does not have a high chance of success. The remedy it to file a civil contempt motion against your ex for violating the custody order. The critical key here is that you must have the terms discussed above included into your custody order. If you do not get them included into the order you have no legal basis to complain. I am sorry if this is not exactly what you wanted to hear, but I would not want to mislead you into pursuing an expensive and time consuming process that has a low chance of success. I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck. Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing. Kind regards,Gerald
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
great suggestions thank already in the works
Excellent. Good luck to you. Kind regards,Gerald (Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is a motion to show cause in NC
Just make sure that you get the health care clauses included into your Order if they are not already in it.