Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Help My home owner insurance company and my attorney has

Customer Question

Help My home owner insurance company and my attorney has filed a motion on my behalf with the court to force me to accept a settlement that I did not agree to.
Can a Judge force to accept and offer that I did not sign?
Why am I being told that the Judge is no going to believe me?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If there is a settlement that is believed reasonable by the court, then the judge can force you to either accept the settlement amount OR the judge will simply enter that for a judgment in the case. So Yes, the judge can order the settlement to be the judgment in the case.
I do not know why they are claiming the judge will not believe you, this is something you have to tell us more information about your case so we can help try to explain this to you.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.