Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.

I want to find out the code section that allows an heir in

Customer Question

I want to find out the code section that allows an heir in Mississippi to waive their inheritance, and if other heirs must be notified or will court approve the closing with just the waiver.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: an heir in Mississippi
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: We have a lawyer. She's not doing her job. We are stuck.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No. Everyone agrees to splitting everything equally, selling little bit of furniture. No real property. All documents are done. We just need to go to court. I plan to force her, but cannot get her to find out the information about the waivers. Just a little over $50,000 in funds, so we cannot do this without a lawyer.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 months ago.
Good morning, and thanks for using Just Answer. What you are referring to is called a "disclaimer of interest". Mississippi has a very lengthy statute that deals with disclaimers. It is too long to repeat here, so I will send you to the source or you can read it all. Your lawyer will understand this statute and how to prepare and file the necessary disclaimer document. I hope that this information is helpful and that your question has been satisfactorily answered. Please enter a positive rating so that I will receive credit for assisting you.