Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

I am a partial owner of an LLC that is going out of

Customer Question

Hello, I am a partial owner of an LLC that is going out of business. One of the 4 partners is suing me and the other managing partner for personal assets, home, and any ownership of a family business. He is claiming gross negligence, and is even trying to push for criminal prosecutors to try and charge us with wire fraud. Which do I worry about first and should I start looking for a lawyer?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 10 months ago.
Good morning, and thanks for using Just Answer. I don't know what business you are in, but wire fraud is a serious offense under federal law. There also could be civil suits brought against managing partners for gross negligence under state laws. I don't know any facts about your business operations, but just what you tell me indicates that you would be well advised to consult an attorney as soon as possible.