Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

Fairfax county circuit court Civil Virginia A witness is on

Customer Question

Fairfax county circuit court
Civil
Virginia
A witness is on my list and opposing counsel .
Opposing counsel will call the witness first. I will cross.
After the witness is finished with redirect, how do I let the court know that I intend to call the witness myself ?
I don't want the person to leave or remain in the courtroom.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer, I will be glad to Answer your question and the only thing I ask of you is to leave a positive rating. You have already placed a deposit with JustAnswer, so leaving a positive rating will not cost you anything additional. You stated the following - "A witness is on my list and opposing counsel .Opposing counsel will call the witness first. I will cross.After the witness is finished with redirect, how do I let the court know that I intend to call the witness myself ?I don't want the person to leave or remain in the courtroom. " ANSWER - ​As soon as the other party's attorney has finished with re-direct and you have no re-cross to ask the witness, ask the Judge to have the witness "sequestered". As a courtesy, you should let the Judge know in advance what you intend to do, so that when you ask the Judge to sequester the witness, the Judge will know the reason. Please be kind enough to leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you. It will not cost you anything additional, and it is necessary so that JustAnswer wll give me credit for answering your question, Thank you for understanding, Kind regards, ANDREA
Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer, My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to Answer your questions and the only thing I ask in return is that you leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you. It will not cost you anything additional to leave a positive rating, and it is the only way that JustAnswer will know that I have assisted you, Okay ? ANSWERIn answer to your question, No, the school cannot do this. First, find out how your daughter was enrolled, in other words, first determine with what name your daughter's mother enrolled your daughter. Do this so that you know where the fault truly lies. Then, take a copy of your daughter's birth Certificate to the school that she attends, show them the Birth Certificate and ask the school to change their records. The school will have no choice and they will have to abide by your wishes. Please be kind enough to leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you, Kindest regards, ANDREA