Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

My mother was in a re-reading a few months ago and has been

Customer Question

My mother was in a re-reading a few months ago and has been waiting for insurance company to pay for her car...meanwhile it's been repossessed and she's 70 years old and a foot...what can she do
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Rear ended by an 18 wheeler in a construction zone and the insurance company is giving her the run around and I know there's a law somewhere protecting herika from things like this
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, and Thank you for bringing your question to JustAnswer I am sorry to hear that the insurance company is giving your mother the 'run-around' There is one sure way to get the insurance company to pay what they owe your Mom and that is this - Write them a very, very brief note politely informing them that since there is no issue of liability and that they are fully aware that they are obligated to pay your Mom for her loss, then if your Mom does not receive their check within 7 days of the date of your letter, you will not only instruct your Attorney to file a "Bad Faith Claim" against them, but you will also report them to the Insurance Commission and the Attorney General of your State. The thing that will frighten them the most is the Bad Faith lawsuit you intend to file because when a Judge finds an insurance company guilty of bad faith, the Judge automatically compels the insurance company to pay the insured 3 times their actual damages. So, if the insurance company owes your Mom say, $6,000 and the insured sues them for bad faith, the Judge will automatically award the insured $18,000 in damages ($6,000 x 3 = $18,000). Please be kind enough to leave a Positive rating so that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you, you have already left a deposit with justAnswer, so leaving a positive rating will not cost you anything additional Kindest regards, ANDREA