Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I was ordered by court to sign a medical release but I don't

Customer Question

I was ordered by court to sign a medical release but I don't want the other party to know other personal information that has nothing to do with the case. Its a short pregnancy that no one knows about. How do I get out of having to sign.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: It was a child support case turned into a custody case that keeps getting continued.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
The only thing you can do is file a motion for a protective order and ask the judge to order that only the medical records that are relevant to the issues in the case and to restrict / prohibit any dissemination or disclosure of your other medical records to the other side.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
The judge should grant this protection of your records that have nothing to do with the case at hand. The judge may order that all of the records be submitted to him/her for review, and the judge will then decide what to and what not to disclose to the other side.