Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs

We bought a puppy purebred in Las Vegas and it had a month

Customer Question

We bought a puppy purebred in Las Vegas and it had a month to health warranty Immediately after we got the dog it had pargo and then it had distemper and they told us to just not worry about the vet bills they would take care of it then the dog past and they claim now they're not going to take care the vet bills . The dog was supposedly had it's too it's vaccinations but according to the vet she she had everything that the vaccinations were discove she had everything that the vaccinations should have covered . With the vet bills and the price of the dog it's about $5700 . Previously to that we bought another puppy from the same people puppy heaven that was supposed to be purebred and it's not that dog cost $3500 please keep in mind these people are totally lying about everything
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..If you have proof from your vet that the dog had all the diseases/conditions that the vaccinations should have prevented and the dog dies within that one month period, then your recourse here is to sue the seller for breach of contract in small claims court for a refund of your money. The limit is $10,000 and you don't need an attorney to file the suit. The clerk will have the summons and complaint forms that you need to file to start the case..As for the other dog, if you have proof from a medical vet test that the other dog is not a purebred, then you can sue them under another breach of contract claim as well for a refund if it is under 6 years for a written contract and 4 for an oral contact...thanksBarrister