Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I live in a 3 apartment house. The land lord pays three

Customer Question

I live in a 3 apartment house. The land lord pays for water for all three units. Tenants pay for all other utilities. I just found out that the community coin operated laundry which everyone has access to in the basement is pulling its electricity from my apartment power box. So when anyone does laundry I am paying for the electric for the washer and dryer. The land lord collects the coins monthly. I have been in the lease for 11 months. Do i have a case for defamation?
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..How have you been defamed here? For a cause of action for defamation you would have to prove damages and the following elements: .a defamatory statement;published to third parties; andwhich the speaker or publisher knew or should have known was false..So I am not sure how you feel you have been defamed?..thanksBarrister