LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

Filing a small claims court sc-100 in the state of

Customer Question

Filing a small claims court sc-100 in the state of California.
The defendant is an out of state corporation, with an agent for service of process locally.
How do I list the defendant?
Using the agents name & address or using the corporation's out of state address? Do I list the corporation and serve the agent?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Under CA law, you will name the corporation as the Defendant and use their out of state address in the small claims lawsuit but you will serve the CA Agent for Service of Process with the complaint. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug