Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I transferred my car into my grandmother's name because I

Customer Question

I transferred my car into my grandmother's name because I didn't have a license.she told me it would be until I got my life together.she got insurance for me and I paid it every month.my boyfriend got into an accident and totaled my car. However the person that hit him was responsible. After their insurance paid off the car my grandmother kept the money . Now I'm without transportation and she refuses to let me replace my car
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Good morning., If you did not have a license, how were you driving the car? I am only asking, because you shared that she got insurance for you but if you were not using the car or driving, because you did not have a license, I am curious to know why you had to transfer the car to her.
Hi, are you still with me?