Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I have a neighbor whose two german shephards charge a

Customer Question

I have a neighbor whose two german shephards charge a chicken wire fence and can put their head through while we are on horse back ...we have contacting the animal control at least ten times and twice this has happened where they have endangered the life of my horse and son while the owners were out there ...I told them three times to call back their dogs on both occasions and they just ignored I have any legal rights before my horses or my son or I get hurt...I can tell you this if I was riding the horse yesterday I would have fallen...and now he has ignored his hip from this incident trying with all his power not to have the horse flip over.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If their dogs are trespassing on your property in any manner, then you can demand they stop them from doing so. You would need to file a complaint against the owner with the animal control officer or police for his dogs trespassing onto your property. The other option is you can sue the owner in court for trespassing and also for nuisance for them coming onto your property and scaring the animals and you.