Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Mr Ray, how long will it take to collect the wages not pay,

Customer Question

Mr Ray, how long will it take to collect the wages not pay, after filing and what happens if the employer says they don't have the money, although they are operating with employees that are not been pay? Thank you for your response
Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. The DOL will come investigating, they can seize bank accounts if necessary to get you paid.They fine them as well until everybody gets paid.I would hope they get this resolved pretty quickly here.There should be multiple complaints.Even if you have to quit you will get paid the back pay here eventually.You have rights and they will resolve this. I am so sorry you have had this happen, its terrible.They will resolve this and get you paid or shut them down here.They cannot employ you and not pay you. I appreciate the chance to help you again and wish you the best. https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/wages/backpay