Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

MY SON JOHN KONIK(###) ###-####IS IN SANFORD CC. IN SANFORD,

Customer Question

MY SON JOHN KONIK(###) ###-####IS IN SANFORD CC. IN SANFORD, NC. 27330, I SENT MONEY TO AN INMATE, THAT HAPPEN TO GET INTO TROUBLE, HE HELPED JOHN OUT WHEN HE FIRST GOT TO SANFORD, WITH SOME CANTEEN ITEMS, BECAUSE JOHNS CARD WOULD NOT WORK YET, SO I SENT THE PERSON SOME MONEY BECAUSE HE HELPED HIM OUT WHEN HE NEED HELP, $20 AND THEN 15 BUT BECAUSE I SENT THIS INMATE MONEY THRU
JPAY, THEY ARE CHARGING MY SON AND 9 OTHERS WITH BARTERING AND TRADE BECAUSE THEY SAY THERE WAS A CONSPIRACY FOR DRUGS AND SOMETHING ELSE, I DONT KNOW, I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW THEY CAN CHARGE MY SON WITH ANYTHING BECAUSE I SENT THE MONEY, TO SAY THANK YOU FOR BEING KIND TO MY SON
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 10 months ago.
Hello, They can charge your son because they are charging him with conspiracy. That means it doesn't matter who sent the money. If the state feels he is part of some kind of plan -- a conspiracy -- to bring contraband into the facility, he and others who helped in any way to bring about this plan can face the same penalties as the person who actually carried out the plan.
Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.