Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

I want to file a civil personal injury claim stemming from

Customer Question

I want to file a civil personal injury claim stemming from Domestic Abuse in the state of Florida. I cannot afford a retainer fee or an attorney that will accept the case on contingency even though he has already admitted in court to the abuse, there is more than enough evidence against him and he has assets that would far exceed the retainer. If I have to go it alone, and represent myself, where do I get information or what are the form #'s I need to complete?
Expert:  Maverick replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

Expert:  Maverick replied 8 months ago.

First read these articles:

ONE

TWO

Then, you will need to go to a local law library and get a forms book on how to file personal injury lawsuit in FL. You will then use assault and battery as your claims instead of negligence which is what most forms have in them.

You can try this and ask some follow up questions as you go along...