Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I moved to Idaho to live with a man 4 years ago. I had been

Customer Question

I moved to Idaho to live with a man 4 years ago. I had been given a severance package at he time so left my home and belonging in Oregon. Over the course of four years I worked for my domestic partner and helped him establish his new medical practice, marketed and did social media to increase his business, care for his homes and real estate holdings, manage his finances at a low level, etc. Prior to doing this I was in medical sales making over 100,000 year. He makes well oner 2 million/year. I tried working on a couple of occasions outside the home to which he told me would end our relationship as he did not like me being gone. In November we leased an expensive car together. I wanted something more affordable but this was a ego issue with him. I was paid for 17 months at a rate of $40,000 year. He now thinks it is ok to pay me $25,000 and $500..o/month of the $1078/month car payment in order for me not to discuss our relationship. He cheated on me frequently and tried to make me think i was jealous and crazy for confronting him about the issues. is this worth hiring legal counsel?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.
Good afternoon Heather,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been an attorney for more than 3 decades and I handle family law and employment law issues. This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.1. Are you still working for this person?2. Do you have a written contract stating what your salary will be?3. Has he ever told you that in exchange for helping him establish his business that he would take care of you for a specific period of time, or for life?4. You ask about hiring an attorney. What are you seeking to get from him?Thanks in advance,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.
Hi Heather,I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.Doug