Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

I slipped and fell on a public boat ramp does any of the ada

Customer Question

i slipped and fell on a public boat ramp does any of the ada laws protect me the county is saying there not liabile for my injuries because algae is a normal occuring stitiuation on a boat ramp but iam permantely disabled and now even worse
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 6 months ago.
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of litigation experience relative to general liability as well as ADA compliance issues. It is a pleasure to assist you today. Unfortunately, there are no ADA regulations relative to boat ramps or areas that otherwise have a higher level of assumption of risk. Boat ramps are inherently more dangerous that normal areas of pedestrian travel. As such, there are no mandates for boat ramps themselves. That does not mean that there is no liability for the county though. If you can show that the boat ramp should have been either maintained or closed, and the county's negligence contributed to your fall, then you have a pretty good law suit here. You need to show that the county had a duty to maintain the ramp in safe conditions (relative to boat ramps), they breached that duty, the breach caused you injury and you need to show damages. Based on what you have shared with me, I think you have a viable case here. Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively (THREE OR MORE Stars) on the ratings bar on your end. Best wishes going forward!
Did you have any other questions or concerns?
Did you have any other questions or concerns? I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward here. Thanks