Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I'm handling my aunts payments assisted care facility called

Customer Question

I'm handling my aunts payments for an assisted care facility called Brookdale Glendale. They had originally been an Emeritus facility. The change over created a number of payment issues which I have been negotiating for over 1 year. They have since sent me an eviction notice and breakdown of past due amounts which I agreed to pay for a total of $3381.80. After agreeing I would pay this in 3 installments, they called me back and said they had made a mistake and the total is actually $10,425.00 which includes $1500. in late fees because I had been disputing multiple over charge amounts. Can they just amend the amount like that and also keep to the same eviction date of June 9 without sending out another formal breakdown and proper letter? Thank you.
Camille Taylor
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Do you have anything in writing that says they agree to accept the $3381.80 as full satisfaction of the debt owed?