Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

This is ***** ***** I am applying pensioner's residency visa

Customer Question

Hi this is ***** ***** I am applying for a pensioner's residency visa in
ecuador. the only letter that I have from social security details my benefits start date, etc but only has the local SSA office but no signature. Ecuador requires that federal funds be apostilled in Washington DC.
Do you know if this type of letter can be Apostilled in Washington DC?
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. You can get this apostilled in CA or Washington, DC. For California, see HERE. This is normally used for notary signature or CA state documents. For Washington, DC, see HERE. Both processes require the documents to be sent off and then they will be returned apostilled. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.