N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983

This is a long story, sorry I want you to have all the

Customer Question

This is a long story, sorry I want you to have all the facts. Ok, back in 1989 my husband took out a student loan for a total of $5001.00 for truck driving school. We ran into financial problems so we hired an Attorney. The school loan was.with ECMC with the loan through Citi Bank. We did a chapter 13 so we could pay every one back including the balance of the student loan.
After our 5 years were up ECMC started a
To harass us by phone on my husbands work phone. ECMC. They said there was two loans which there was not. We have proof from CITI BAND, STATE OF GEORGIA and our records where there was only one loan and it was paid. What they have been doing since 1998 is selling it to all these collection companies. They garnish wages until we prove to them we don't owe it. At that point they send it back to ECMC who just sends it to another collection company and on and on and on. Just got a new one two days ago! They have taken every tax return since 1998 from us.they ow us over 8000.00 right now without interest or other things we want to sue
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry to hear this. May I ask where you are located?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It sounds like they are violating the federal FDCPA but not the Georgia Industrial Loan Act, see You can get a free consultation from some of the consumer protection attorneys listed by location here. Please follow up on this with a local attorney. I hope this information is helpful.