Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was on Ssdi 19 years. I had a review during a mental break

I was on Ssdi for nearly 19 years. I had a review during a mental break down.im also not liked inu small town. I went under review I have severe mental disability. I was found that I didn't participate and no longer disabled of scizo. It's been hardest two years without any income.im bipolar scizo and been in and out of mental hospital since I was 8.i want to restart my benefits recover the two years were I was still disabled. I had no gainful employment for last two years or worked was hospitalized for mental health and drug rehab off and on for year.my mom got a notice from Ss office saying i got overpaid by 9000.she owes it to them because I claim benefits under my dad ss number... 2 questions could I get back payment if I reapply for Ssdi..question 2 what law protects my mom for being responsible for the 9000 my mom filed under my dads too...I had no knowledge of overpayment

I was on Ssdi for nearly 19 years. I had a review during a mental break down.im also not liked inu small town. I went under review I have severe mental disability. I was found that I didn't participate and no longer disabled of scizo. It's been hardest two years without any income.im bipolar scizo and been in and out of mental hospital since I was 8.i want to restart my benefits recover the two years were I was still disabled. I had no gainful employment for last two years or worked was hospitalized for mental health and drug rehab off and on for year.my mom got a notice from Ss office saying i got overpaid by 9000.she owes it to them because I claim benefits under my dad ss number... 2 questions could I get back payment if I reapply for Ssdi..

Response 1: If you reapply and re-qualify for benefits, Social Security Administration may make a retroactive payment to you dating back to the time your benefits were discontinued and you claimed to have been still disabled.

question 2 what law protects my mom for being responsible for the 9000 my mom filed under my dads too...I had no knowledge of overpayment

Response 2: There is no such law. If your mother received a notice of overpayment, she has two options: (1) admit that the overpayment was made and apply for waiver of the overpyament; or (2) deny that overpyament was paid and ask for reconsideration. For more information, click on the link below:

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-632.html

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.