Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am filing a notice of motion to quash or modify subpoena

Customer Question

I am filing a notice of motion to quash or modify subpoena for educational records The file consist of private information special education records, psychiatrist records, etc. The subpoena is overly broad asking for k-12, also private protected information I am 95% done with the motion
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes. no help. I think this code would work:
CIVIL PROCEDURE SECTION 1987.1(a) and Records of Outpatient Records of a Psychotherapist Are Expressly Protected from Subpoena.
Civil Code § 56.104,
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: research codes, procedures points and authority. I just need two points for over broad and private information
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.
the codes that you cited are appropriate for your Motion to Quash. I searched and I arrived at the same codes as you did. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.