TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I live in Texas, and I had money in my own account from my

Customer Question

I live in Texas, and I had money in my own account from my 401(k) from another job. I loaned $2000 of that to my husband in the form of a cashier's check in the name of a third party, but from my husband. The third party is a realtor and they are refusing to return the check as we decided against purchase. Do I, as the owner of the money in the first place have any recourse in pursuing these funds? Thank you
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. No, based upon what you wrote, you are not involved in the deal with the agent, so you would not have standing to pursue the agent. As you stated, you "loaned $2000 of that to my husband." So your recourse is against your husband, and your husband would have recourse against the agent. Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.