Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was married in England 1982. Family members of my wife are

Customer Question

I was married in England 1982. Family members of my wife are trying to separate us. And have filed papers in Orange County, for us get divorced..Done with out any reference to me.
My question is, can California law override the English law in any way.
Please help! I do not at this time have access to the telephone, as I am moving house. Kindly respond to my E mail
Thank you for your support
***** *****. My E Mail is.***@******.***
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Are you and/or your spouse currently living in California?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Wallace. CA. 95254. (18 miles South of Lodi, on state route 12
both of you are living in California? Is your spouse in agreement with the filing for divorce? Or has he been determined to be incompetent?
Apologies, but due to state bar regulations, I cannot accept a phone call (as it could be considered legal counsel). But we can continue on this site if you answer the follow-up question that I asked.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok where do we go from here?
Like I said, if you answer my follow up questions, I can try to assist you further... I'm just trying to get a handle on what your situation is, what the family is thinking, etc... My follow up questions were: So both of you are living in California? Is your spouse in agreement with the filing for divorce? Or has he been determined to be incompetent?
Please note that I am still waiting on your responses to my questions...