Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

NC, I rented a room in a man's house and a month later a

Customer Question

NC, I rented a room in a man's house and a month later a female tenant moved in and she has been harassing me . I told her that if she didn't quit I would get a restraining order on her. The very next day she told police that I threatened her life and they served me with a temporary restraint order. I had to leave my residence and today I got a text from my landlord stating she had found her headphones in my room and called the police and now I have a warrant for my arrest ordered for me. She is lying about all of this is there anything I can do
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..How do you know you have a warrant? Having someone else's headphones in your room wouldn't rise to the level of a judge issuing an arrest warrant....Have you actually contacted the police about this?..thanksBarrister