Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Possibly breach of contract or maybe good faith violation

Customer Question

JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No... I'm not sure what type of lawyers I should look for
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I was hired by an insurance agency in 2015 as an independent contractor. I performed all the work and still have business pending. My contract was terminated because I disagreed with the owner. Do I have any rights as a business owner myself?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No ma'am
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what are my rights" or "what are my options" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.