Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

Question: Can a Landlord come into your apartment and take

Customer Question

Question: Can a Landlord come into your apartment and take pictures of your home. Then send these pictures & derogatory comments to other people. What right does he have to take this pictures. ( possible staged pictures ). We do not have copies.
This apartment did not raise to a state of ; Un clean or Un sanitary but had Cluttered area's. Not as organized as this manger wanted. And would write up a violation for this clutter. Never in any report was it stated this apartment was not clean or un sanitary condition.
Thank You, Michael
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 6 months ago.
Michael: The situation that you describe orders on invasion of privacy, as well as a breach of the terms of the lease calling for "quiet enjoyment". I don't know what the inspection clause in your lease calls for, so this is somewhat of a gas but I think you have the right to set specific times for the landlord to conduct periodic inspections. If the landlord is staging pictures that make it look like you are breaching your lease agreement, then you have the right to insist that you be present when the inspections are made.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well that's a given. From this Mangers action she has lost her housing assistance. And now charging for her to maintain there Apartment. 25 days past after moving out and National Credit Agency billing her $739.00 bal. + keeping her security deposit. " did not impose claim. Credit agency posting this fraud debt on her credit report. Saying they have verified this claim for Debt. Just because this manger says so. Absolutely no proof of anything. charging replace smoke detectors, HVAC repairs. Prepare unit for next tenant and charging all this to her. It's Bull Sh----
This response does not relate in any way to the answer that I provided you previously. If you wish to continue this discussion please enter a positive rating for what I have already submitted. Thanks for using Just Answer.