Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

Regarding liability insurance. If your insurance expires

Customer Question

Regarding liability insurance. If your insurance expires (you cancelled it because you didn't need it any longer), and a slip and fall claim is filed where the incident took place WHILE the insurance was in place, but was filed AFTER the insurance was cancelled, is the insurance company liable for the claim?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Generally, as long as, the claim occurred during the period which was covered by the liability insurance policy, the insurance company would be liable for the claim, regardless of whether the claim was filed after the cancellation of the liability insurance policy.I wish you the best of luck!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.