Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I need advice. I had a friend move in to a trailer agreeing

Customer Question

I need advice. I had a friend move in to a trailer agreeing to pay $550 a month. She has only paid $580, I told her my family and I can no longer keep going like this. So I told her she had to move out so that I can find someone who will pay each month, like we agreed on. We never signed anything because we were both so busy. I have all our conversations in messaging. What can I do??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
She moved in April 4th, 2016.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
She was going to pay us the $970 today that she owes but only paid $500 with more excuses why she couldn't pay the rest. We live in Montana
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. A verbal month-to-month lease agreement is valid and legally enforceable, so you have the right to sue for the unpaid rent and also for possession if the person were still in the rental property.
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
But, if the person is out of the property, then all you have to do is sue in small claims court for the unpaid rent.