Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

A California llc filed effective December 2011 by a majority

Customer Question

a California llc filed for cancellation effective December 2011 by a majority vote of the members. In march 2016 a musicians fund files suit against the cancelled llc seeking royalties and an accounting. Is there a California statute of limitations to sue a cancelled llc, and/or its members, and how can members be sued?
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: california
JA: Huh?
Customer: the llc was formed in 1996 and then cancelled in December 2011 in california
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. Were there any assets of the LLC which were distributed to the LLC members upon the LLC being legally dissolved?2. Did your LLC have business liability insurance?Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.Doug