Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My wife and I signed a contract with a company to install

Customer Question

My wife and I signed a contract with a company to install new windows in are home. We waited past the 3 day cancellation period. I called about 10 days later to cancel and they to me that I couldn't and threatend to put a lien on the house. I recieved a letter 3 days ago stating that if the matter was not settled they whould put the lien on. My realitor just told me today that the lien is showing up. We were trying to refi now we dont know if we will be able to. FYI they call and changed the install date 2 weeks after I called to cancel as if nothing had changed.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon. Is there any equity in the home? Why do you no longer want the windows installed?