Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I was falsely accused of misconduct at work and false

Customer Question

I was falsely accused of misconduct at work and false allegations made to a public servant can I file a suit for defamation of character?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes the owner and her husband are going through a bitter divorce and I am being accused of being in the middle, however the husband is upset with me because I am going to testify against him at the hearing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 5 months ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.Did you lose your job or suffer some concequence as a result of the false allegations?