LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

A friend of the family took her 4 year old daughter in to a

Customer Question

a friend of the family took her 4 year old daughter in to a bedroom where so so the dog was eating additional drop a stuff animal and the dog thought she awash taking is food now the dad wants to sue us she is on medical care and they have 3 go me funds sat up
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry to hear about this. Can you please clarify what your question is?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What kind of poo as suit does huh e have
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What kind of law suit does he have
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do they have any legal to sue us
Thank you, ***** ***** a moment
As the homeowner and owner of the dog, you could be liable. You should speak with your homeowners insurance and see if this is something which would cover you, if you were sued. Of course, this was not intentional but they could go after you and sue for the cost of any type of medical treatment and care, which they incur. As the dog owner, you can be liable for the actions of the dog. Now, you shared that the dog was in a bedroom and if you isolated the dog and they should not have gone in there, they could possible share in some of cost and be partially liable.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What kind of poo lawyer would I look for
Because the dog was not mine it was my son
First, contact your homeowner insurance and see if you would be covered for this. If so, they may retain counsel to represent you, since they would have to possible pay out. If you are not covered and get sued, you would want to retain a civil litigation attorney to represent and defend you.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or concerns. I am here to help, so please just let me know.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
0
Thank you. At this time, I kindly just ask that you rate my help at the top, so the site gives me credit.