Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I LIVE IN RICHLAND COUNTY SOUTH CAROLINA. I COLLECT $1269 IN

Customer Question

I LIVE IN RICHLAND COUNTY SOUTH CAROLINA. I COLLECT $1269 IN SSDI BENEFITS. MY HOMES TAXABLE VALUE ACCORDING TO THE COUNTY ASSESSORS OFFICE IS $62000 AND MY MORTGAGE BALANCE IS $59500. I UNDERSTAND IN SOUTH CAROLINA I HAVE AN EXEMPTION OF $50000. FILING BANKRUPTCY IS NOT AN OPTION. HAVING SAID THAT I JUST RECEIVED FROM THE SHERIFF AN EXECUTION AGAINST PROPERTY THAT IS OWED TO AMERICAN EXPRESS IN THE AMOUNT OF $35000. CAN MY HOME BE SOLD OUT FROM UNDER ME ETC?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.
Good afternoon Victor,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. Just to clarify, you are saying that you have a mortgage of $59,500 on a property that is only worth $62,000----so you maybe have just a few thousand dollars in equity in the home?Doug