Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I LIVE IN RICHLAND COUNTY SOUTH CAROLINA. I COLLECT $1269 IN

Customer Question

I LIVE IN RICHLAND COUNTY SOUTH CAROLINA. I COLLECT $1269 IN SSDI BENEFITS. MY HOMES TAXABLE VALUE ACCORDING TO THE COUNTY ASSESSORS OFFICE IS $62000 AND MY MORTGAGE BALANCE IS $59500. I UNDERSTAND IN SOUTH CAROLINA I HAVE AN EXEMPTION OF $50000. FILING BANKRUPTCY IS NOT AN OPTION. HAVING SAID THAT I JUST RECEIVED FROM THE SHERIFF AN EXECUTION AGAINST PROPERTY THAT IS OWED TO AMERICAN EXPRESS IN THE AMOUNT OF $35000. CAN MY HOME BE SOLD OUT FROM UNDER ME ETC?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.
Good afternoon Victor,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. Just to clarify, you are saying that you have a mortgage of $59,500 on a property that is only worth $62,000----so you maybe have just a few thousand dollars in equity in the home?Doug